Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 2012 & Surgery 6/27

[Post written by Karen]
Summer days are passing us by, sometimes rather quickly, and other times dragging it's feet. We really aren't in a hurry about anything. After all, isn't that what summer is all about? We should speed up the summer reading schedule a bit so the books can be put away. It's not on the boys's list of favorite things to do. 
I have just been keeping up with the schedule of dialysis three days a week and chemotherapy every three weeks. I have tolerated chemo fairly well and I am thankful for that. I missed one chemo session because of an extremely low white blood cell count. I received an injection to boost my white blood cell count which has helped. The only side effect was my bones ached pretty badly for a couple of days. 
I am having surgery in the morning at St. Joseph's Hospital to put the dialysis fistula in my arm. This will be a permanent access for dialysis and takes two to four months to heal before it can be used. I'm not looking forward to it, but the temporary one in my chest is just that, temporary. It is not the most ideal way to do dialysis and can easily become infected. The doctors want it gone and so do I!
We are all still trying to adjust to life differently now. Our days have been filled with constant appointments that have taken the place of other things on the calendar. We are thankful for the days when the calendar has a day or two with nothing on it. God has really blessed us with so many friends that continue to help us with transportation, meals, and lots of support. This has been a great source of help for all of us. Thank you for your prayers for our family and we pray that you are having a wonderful summer with your family. 
We will keep you posted on my surgery tomorrow (both on Facebook and the blog). Thanks again for the prayers! It is my constant reminder of God's love and provision through you. I love you all!


[Message from Joseph]
The blog will begin to be updated more frequently now with news, updates and photos both on our blog and on my Facebook. Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment