Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012 - How sweet it is to celebrate together, at home, as a family.


What a day so far! It is about 2:30 P.M. on Mother's Day, and we are all so thrilled that we are celebrating it in the comfort of our own home, rather than at St. Joseph's Hospital where we are around nurses and doctors and other patients today. We had a very nice breakfast this morning for her with flowers as the centerpiece and her two cards surrounding it. Smiles traveled around the table, just being so happy. We are going to go out to dinner tonight at Bonefish Grill at The Avenue. This will be nice to go out for the first time in over a month as a family! She also talked about getting a pedicure with Shannon a little later. I am enjoying life day by day, and so is she. She said this morning, "Joseph, I am just so thankful for every breath I take." and I smiled and said, "Yes, so am I." Then she asked to see the pictures I took from when she was in ICU, so she looked, in shock. She said she prayed she would keep breathing and there would be no complications. Thank God for no major errors while in ICU! 
Today has been so amazing so far, and I hope it goes well for all of you. Happy Mother's Day 2012 to all of you mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment