Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Post by Karen

Be strong in the Lord and the power of his might. 
Ephesians 6:10


Thank you to each and everyone of our friends, family, neighbors, relatives, and to the many people that have heard about me and taken the time to pray for us, encourage us, laugh, cry, and pray even more with us. 
The love and encouragement has been overwhelming and at times, I feel like the most blessed person on the earth. I have learned first-hand the power of prayer and God's hand on my life. I am forever thankful to know that God is my Savior and the one who has all the days of my life in his hands. 


Lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares, and... run with endurance the race that is set before you. 
Hebrews 12:1


Runners never look back over the course they have covered. They keep moving towards their goal. Their eyes are on the finish line. 
I love this prayer from a prayer journal that my sister Linda gave me for my 50th birthday just four days before I was admitted to St. Joseph's Hospital. 


"God, help me accept where I am now and see the blessings and opportunities that are right here. I trust in you right here. I trust in you for my life. May I embrace what you're doing in my life so I can share with others the wonders of your great purposes. Amen."


Little did I know in the days leading up to the hospital what all of this would mean to me, but now as I read the words of my son journaling all the details and hearing his heart for his momma, I do know. His writings and blog with many pictures (Some approved, some maybe not!) have helped me make some sense out of where and when this all unfolded. Thank you Joseph for sharing your heart with all of us! I love you! 
We continue to trust God daily. Some days are good, some days are really hard, but I am so thankful for every one of the days I have. I love you ALL!


Love,
Karen Twomey

No comments:

Post a Comment